Michelin Primacy SUV+ launched in Malaysia, from RM600- 16-20-inch
Michelin has launched the Michelin Primacy SUV+, its latest SUV tyre with improved performance and greater size coverage (26 dimensions, 7 new, 16-20 inch sizes). Prices of the Michelin Primacy SUV+ start from RM 600 and go up to RM1,600 per piece, depending on dimension.
With a range of new and enhanced MICHELIN technologies, the MICHELIN Primacy SUV+ provides long-lasting safety – regardless of wet or dry road conditions, and even when the tyre is worn – offering a hassle-free driving experience and excellent value-for-money.
The MICHELIN Primacy SUV+ includes brand-new technological features such as:
- ‘MICHELIN Premium Touch’* sidewall design with a velvet-like micro texture that enhances the aesthetic appeal of the SUV (Size 18 and above only)
- Higher silica loading and functionalized polymer that offers greatly improved wet and dry braking performance without compromising mileage nor rolling resistance.
- MaxTouch Construction that optimizes the contact patch for even wear and longer tread life.
The MICHELIN Primacy SUV+ also features enhanced MICHELIN technologies – including:
- Full depth and high sipe density with U-shape groove design for ultimate safety even when the tyre is worn – especially on wet road conditions;
- Chamfered tread block that prevents the tread block from distorting under pressure;
- StabiliGrip sipe for better wet and dry braking performance, due to optimized rigidity and better water evacuation.
According to test results, on wet roads, when compared to its main competitors, the MICHELIN Primacy SUV+ stops 3.3 meters shorter when new, and 4.2 meters shorter when worn. (1) On dry roads, when new, it stops 2.3 meters shorter.(2) In addition, its drivable mileage is 10% longer than competitor average. (3)
Michelin Malaysia’s Managing Director, Oliver Biggart said: “It is estimated that, from 2021 to 2026, the SUV market in the East Asian region will continue to grow 5.9% year on year and achieve a 33% growth in 2026. With the launch of MICHELIN Primacy SUV+, we are convinced to better capture the SUV market potential, as the tyre not only provides a more complete SUV portfolio, but also offers performance and safety made to last, plus market-leading longevity, as well as a quiet and comfortable drive – making it the best partner for both daily commutes and long journeys.”
“Significant safety improvements to the MICHELIN Primacy SUV+, attested by a number of tests, ensure not only superiority over competitors, but also maximum driving confidence and control behind the wheel for SUV drivers.” added Biggart.
The MICHELIN Primacy SUV+ is now available in Malaysia at all Michelin’s authorized tyre dealers in 26 dimensions, including 7 new, across the 16 to 20 inch range.
(1) Based on third-party wet braking test for new tyre and worn tyre (worn tyre means tyre buffed on machine to the depth of Tread Wear Indicator) from 80 km/h to 0 km/h using 265/65R17 PRIMACY SUV+ on a 2020 Toyota Fortuner. In the test, conducted by TUV Rheinland Thailand Ltd at Michelin’s request on Dec 9th, 2021 at Chang International circuit, Buriram, Thailand. PRIMACY SUV+ stopped 3.3 m (New tyre) and 4.2 m (Worn tyre) shorter than the leading tyre competitors. Actual on-road results may vary depending on road, vehicle, tyre conditions or driving behaviors.
2) Based on third-party dry braking test for new tyre from 80 km/h to 0 km/h using 265/65R17 PRIMACY SUV+ on a 2020 Toyota Fortuner. In the test, conducted by TUV Rheinland Thailand Ltd at Michelin’s request on Dec 9th, 2021 at Chang International circuit, Buriram, Thailand. PRIMACY SUV+ stopped 2.3 m shorter than the leading tyre competitors. Actual on-road results may vary depending on road, vehicle, tyre conditions or driving behaviors.
3) Based on third-party tread wear test using 225/65R17 PRIMACY SUV+ tyres on a HONDA CRV. In the test, conducted by China Automotive Technology and Research Center Co.,Ltd (CATARC) at Michelin’s request during Aug 20th – Oct 25th, 2021 in China. PRIMACY SUV+ tyre lasted 10% longer than the leading competitor tyres. Actual on-road results may vary depending on road, vehicle, tyre, weather conditions or driving behaviors.