Michelin Pilot Sport available in Malaysia starting April – Priced from RM700, 17-19 inch
Michelin has recently introduced the Michelin Pilot Sport 5 – the fifth generation of the Pilot Sport range in Malaysia, which will be available for purchase starting 4 April 2022.
Targeting sports car and high-performance sedan enthusiasts, price of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 range from RM 700 to RM 1,900 in 26 dimensions for sizes from 17-inch to 19-inch.
Another 21 dimensions from 17-21 inch will be available by end of 2022.
What’s new with the Pilot Sport tyres? Well, Michelin says key benefits of the new Michelin PS5 include:
- Dual Sport Tread Design technology – a dual side functionalized tread design featuring the inner side with large grooves and high void ratio for enhanced wet road traction, and the external side with rigid blocks for better grip on dry roads
- Groove Clear – the association of large longitudinal grooves that dump water into wide transversal channels designed to efficiently divert water out of the way.
- Dynamic Response technology -features a hybrid aramid and nylon belt for optimum transmission of steering instructions onto the road
- MaxTouch Construction – maximizes the tyre’s contact with the road and evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking, and cornering – delivering longer tread life without sacrificing performance
- Premium Touch Sidewall Design – creates a sleek, matte-black aesthetic with a velvet-like micro texture
- Wear2Check – an easy-to-find and easy-to-read tread wear indicator, designed to facilitate monitoring and to help drivers to optimize the longevity potential of the tyre.
Michelin Malaysia’s Managing Director, Oliver Biggart said, “With the Michelin Pilot Sport 5, Michelin further strengthens our complete and best overall high-performance Pilot Sport range, with ‘Performance Made to Last’ being our key differentiator.
Inspired by motorsports, the tyre is perfect for drivers who demand sporty driving performance and expect nothing but the best. What’s more, the Michelin Pilot Sport 5 goes one step further in aesthetics, as evidenced by its 2021 Contemporary Good Design Award – one of the world’s most prestigious international design awards.”
“This new race-born tyre amplifies sport performance made to last – providing throughout its lifespan both driving dynamics with precision, as well as safety. It is a truly ideal tyre for those who need first-class experience, and look for aesthetic exclusivity,” concluded Biggart.